|Target group :
||Any degree. Candidates from well reputed organisation. Should have exposure in ophthalmic set up.|
|No of Positions :
||1st Week of Each Month |
|Medium of Instruction:
Need for the Course:
An acute deficiency of skilled Ocularist in relation to the needs, demands a course of this nature. To understand the various needs of patients with blind eye who wants a cosmetic correction and to translate them into reality is a challenge. There is a focus on orienting the trainee towards various normal and abnormal changes in a blind eye and developing and upgrading new skills.
- To provide knowledge & develop practical skills.
- To enhance clinical skills to support the ophthalmologist.
- To upgrade technical skills in preparation of prosthesis and maintenance of instruments.
Outcome of the course:
By the end of the course the trainee will be able to
- Produce customized prosthetic eyes with the help of an ophthalmologist
- Assist ophthalmologist in clinical management
- Promote patient centered care with continuous quality improvement
- Apply scientific management practices under supervision of an ophthalmic department.
- Observation in prosthesis making and fitting
- Hands-on training
- Situation analysis study, case presentation
- Weekly evaluation
- Practical Examination
- Maintaining the log book